Google Algorithms are a dynamic method that is used to obtain data from its search index and gives the best possible results instantly for the search queries. Google’s December 2020 Core Update Algorithm focuses on the overall Content. A mixture of algorithms and different ranking signals are used by the search engine to deliver web pages ranked by relevance on the pages of its search engines.
Google rolls out several Algorithms every year. Even this year, after May 2020 Core update, Google has announced a broad December 2020 Core Algorithm Update. On 3rd December 2020, Google announced its recent most Algorithm update focusing on the Content.
In this update, Google has not violated the webmaster guidelines neither this update targets any specific pages or websites. This update is all about improving the way Google’s systems will assess the content overall. This is beneficial to the websites where in unrewarded pages may rank up.
Algorithm Focuses on Content
As explained above, Algorithm focuses on Content. That doesn’t mean pages that drop after a core update needs to fix anything. Those Websites whose pages have dropped after the update can simply ensure that they are offering the best content.
To ensure the quality of content, please check the following listed points about your content.
– If the given content contains original information, research, and analysis.
– If the content provided is relevant to the topic.
– If the content contains any additional and interesting information than the basic one.
– If the title and the subject of the page provide a helpful summary of the page.
– Avoid overstating titles or the subjects
– Google Systems do not entertain simple copy and paste. It expects originality.
– Provide a title that creates an impression and interests people to read the whole article.
– Language of the article should be easy to understand
– Spellings plays an important role so make sure content holds the correct spellings.
– Importantly, compare your content with other pages on the web and decide if your content is more informative and interesting.
For more content guidelines please refer to Google’s Search quality rater guidelines.